Company-wide Diversity awareness
An innovative blended programme, using live workshops and DVD content to achieve the objectives of aligning client policies, procedures and key drivers.
Diversity Awareness training for all staff at a large Public Sector Organisation - some 2000 people, delivered over a 6 month period. The objective of the training was to align to their policies, procedures and key drivers:
Civil Service Strategy, Promoting Equality, Valuing Diversity. This strategy helps ensure that public sector organisations are able to:
- Promote Equality
- Eliminate Discrimination and harassment
- Promote social cohesion
- Adhere to the Single Equality Bill
- Respond effectively to the changing demographics of workforce and service users
In response to the Organisation's needs we designed 3 versions of the workshop tailored for:
- Senior Leaders - 1-day, groups of 15
- Managers - ½-day, groups of 25
- Colleagues/Staff - ½-day, groups of 50
We conducted research interviews with staff at all levels to ensure engagement and authenticity.
Our Client Service Team liaised closely with Agency staff to organise a complex rota of dates in 8 different venues and to organise materials and equipment for each venue. We also responded very flexibly to last minute changes and requests.
During each delivery, our facilitators collated paperwork and ensured that it was despatched correctly.
Our in-house Admin team collated: Facilitator Reports, Participant Questionnaires, Evaluations Forms and produced summary reports on all data. We also collated and despatched 'reminder' cards to all participants regarding their action commitments.
The programme incorporated:
- Group workshops including drama-based scenarios, learning models and discussion groups
- DVD (produced by Steps in association with our media partners).
- A comprehensive takeaway pack containing further information on their duties, policies, strategies and best-practice advice/case studies
- Post course questionnaires, post course action commitments, follow-up focus groups.
In conjunction with the Organisation we conducted an extensive evaluation. Some key statistics:
The percentage of all staff and managers who stated Strongly Agree or Agree to the questions:
- It was presented well: 100%
- Question raised were answered appropriately: 99.5%
- Examples used put learning into context: 100%
- Trainer was responsive & interested in your learning: 100%
- The activity was pitched at the right level: 99%
- You felt involved and could participate: 99%
- This activity has given me skill/knowledge/behaviour which enables me to be more effective at work: 98%
We also designed and conducted a confidence questionnaire to assess the impact of the course, achieving an average of 96% of participants who answered Very Confident or Confident.
Download a PDF of this case study