Moments Of Truth – Tackling Unconscious Bias In Vodafone
Creating a highly practical, engaging approach to unconscious bias, that could be used globally by Vodafone
When Vodafone asked Schneider-Ross and Steps to help them take a highly practical, engaging approach to unconscious bias, that they could use globally, we leapt at the chance.
Our approach to learning is always to focus on real behaviours – what people actually say and do in an organisation – and to bring this to life via carefully researched and designed drama that feels subtle and totally credible to that organisation (in this case on video).
The challenge was to design a series of videos and a supporting trainer pack that would work for Vodafone across their global businesses.
- The project began with Schneider-Ross interviewing contacts in HQ and key markets outside the UK
- On the basis of this feedback Schneider-Ross agreed with Vodafone 5 “Moments of Truth” and associated learning outcomes
- Steps then developed scripts to bring these to life
- We then pulled together an outstanding international cast and produced the scenarios
- Schneider-Ross then pulled together a train the trainer pack and ran a session for internal facilitators to deliver
- We also co-created a ‘train the trainer’ video which has helped Vodafone to reach an even wider range of in-house facilitators and trainers
We also, in response to Vodafone’s immediate need, were able to deliver an initial pilot workshop in Mumbai using live actors and facilitators from the Steps India business.
In just 4 months, we moved from concept to completion. Critical to this was the way we all worked together. Vodafone input was vital at every stage and we really enjoyed working with the new team in HQ of Karina Govindji and Ritika Lal.
We have also had now over 7 years of partnering with Schneider-Ross, and have a deep well of mutual trust and respect, so we knew we would deliver a great product. They understand how the drama stimulates learning and enables people to ‘get’ the subtleties – and they bring a wonderful practical and business-led approach, helping clients to sustain and embed learning via ‘train the trainer’ workshops and materials as part of a coherent thought-through change plan.
"It’s been an extremely collaborative partnership – lots of creativity and ideas – going above and beyond our expectations in terms of support.” Karina Govindji, Group Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Watch the video to hear more of what Karina Govindji has to say about this collaboration – and see some clips from the scenarios.