09 Aug Making Workplace Mental Health Everyone’s Business
Wednesday 2 October 2019, 08:30 – 13:00 including lunch
It is fair to say Mental Health has become one of the most significant conversations of our time. However, most of us are still deeply uncomfortable at the thought of having to talk about mental health, especially in the workplace. We know the stats – it affects 1 in 4 of us and costs the UK economy £70 billion (Forbes, 2019) per year, but to engage with this at its core we need to acknowledge what really matters – that workplace mental health awareness is everyone’s business.
We invite you to see our unique approach to Workplace Mental Health Awareness in action. Through interactive scenarios, practical case study and facilitated discussion, our experiential workshop will give you:
- Raised awareness of what we mean by mental health and practical guidance on how to ‘have the conversation’.
- Insight on how to make mental health awareness everyone’s business and a shared responsibility.
- A chance to hear about our ground-breaking mental health awareness programme with BAE Systems.
- Skills in recognising the signals and being proactive in addressing mental health issues, with input from a leading business psychologist.
- Increased confidence in how to manage and challenge the perceptions of others.
Enjoy a leafy stroll as part of your morning commute and join us at in a venue within Regent’s Park for a thought-provoking morning of learning, and conversation.
Places are limited, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to register. In lieu of a registration fee, we will kindly ask you to consider an optional donation of £25 per participant to the Mental Health Foundation, who are celebrating their 70th Anniversary this year.
For a shareable PDF version of the invite, please click here.